Wednesday, October 3, 2007

You can tell a lot about a woman by how she grooms her fingernails. Tell us how yours look today.

Well, when I was younger, I used to bite my nails. So after I joined the military I used to get my nails done and get the tips and all that all the time. Then I got married and got pregnant and that's the end of getting my nails done. My nails never used to grow much at all, then those wonderful pregnancy hormones kicked in and now my nails grow quickly and get pretty long! Even my toenails have a bit of length to them now! But I don't do much with them, either way. I don't care. No time or desire to paint them myself as I'm not very good doing my own nails, and I don't have the time or means to get them done all the time now. I just said, oh well. I'll be happy with what God has given me and be thankful that they're even growing and not chipping at all. I usually try to keep hangnails away, make sure they're not sharp, and make sure they don't get too long so I don't scratch or hurt my daughter in any way. I also make sure they're clean. That's about it.

So, I don't know what this says about me as a woman. I guess that's up to you.

4 comments:

Tammy said...

Well it sounds like you have nails like the rest of us girl friend. I think working woman and moms don't have the time or care to deal with it.

Unknown said...

I agree. There are far more important things to dwell on then how manicured your fingernails are. Just as long as they are neat and clean.

Glynis said...

I think it says that you are content with who you are which is a WONDERFUL thing to be!

loonyhiker said...

It would be interesting in knowing how many of us bloggers were former nail biters! LOL