Thursday, August 30, 2007

Blog Prompt: One Food You Would Never Give Up

Wow. Does it have to be just one? I have so many! I guess I'll bend the rules and write down a few of the foods I'd NEVER, EVER, EVER give up.

First and foremost: Chocolate! Who in their right mind would? It's so yummy and satisfying and oh so good! Seriously. Need I say more?

Secondly, I would never give up BBQ'd Ribs. Mmmm....Ribs.... So good. My mouth is salivating just thinking of them! My dad and Pop-Pop bbq the best ribs EVER! They are constantly perfecting their bbq skills. They've gotten to the point where they don't even use bbq sauce anymore. Just spices and marinades. So good. (I'm getting hungry.) My trouble is that I have to go all the way to Cali or Hawaii to get some of their ribs. I was just in Hawaii in June and I ate ribs to the full! It takes my dad all day to get the ribs just right. You smell the aroma through the house all day long. Anticipation fills the air as the salivating family members wait for their chance to dive into the large plate of ribs. My dad had a bbq the day after we arrived. Since the ribs were all gone by the end of the day, my dad bbq'd some more the day before we left and they were done by 11pm. I managed to pack some away in the freezer, away from the grubby hands of my family members who weren't leaving Hawaii. I took those bad boys with me on the plane back to Seattle! So good. My dad had bbq'd just for me, anyway. My daughter, I found out, loves my dad's ribs, too. Well, I'm not surprised. She came from my womb, didn't she? :)

Thirdly, I would never give up fried chicken. I love fried chicken. Not the fast food kind, but the kind that you make yourself. I don't like to toot my own horn, but I make some mean fried chicken. I learned the family recipe while I was stationed in Cali. I would drive the two hours to get to Moreno Valley from San Diego to get some of my Aunt's fried chicken. I would call her ahead of time to let her know I was on the way so she could get that chicken going. When I opened the door to her house, I was engulfed in the pleasant aroma of fried chicken. So good!

So, rightly so these are the three things that I REFUSE to give up! If I had to, there would be war for sure! Even when I'm old and if I don't have anymore teeth left, at least I could grind them up in a blender and sip them from a straw! I'd have to learn how my dad and grandfather bbq the ribs, first.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Getting hungry. Love good ribs myself. Don't particular care for hot fried chicken; but love frying the drummettes and putting them in the fride overnight and having them the next day. Makes for a perfect picnic.

mom2triplets04 said...

After reading your post you made me very hungry craving ribs. I don't eat ribs that often because I just have not found the type that I like. I also have not tried fried chicken. We mainly eat the chicken without the bones here. My husband hates the bones.

loonyhiker said...

I'm waiting for dinner to finish cooking and now you have made me starving! All I can think about is how famished I am. You would think I would just collapse from hunger. I don't think I could give up chocolate either (and I'm allergic to it but I eat it in small amounts).