Tuesday, August 28, 2007

A little More About Me

So it's been a few days since my last post- Or my first post! Not necessarily busy, just forgetful.

I don't have a lot of stuff going on in my life to talk about. I am a stay-at-home-mom of a 10 month old. My day is basically spent cleaning up my daughter and her messes, putting her down for her naps and feeding and playing with her. Amid all that I get to do some scrapping. I watch children shows all day long. At least, until she goes down for her naps. Currently I am watching Sesame Street. My daughter is on the floor playing with all of her toys that she dumped out of her toybox.

She's growing up so fast. I watch her taking more and more steps each time she tries. She can walk about a yard now before she decides she can get where she wants to go faster if she crawls. Sometimes I can't believe my little baby is on the edge of toddlerhood.

I'm just thankful that I have a husband who encourages me to stay home to care for our daughter. If he wasn't, I would miss the many precioius moments that I have experienced these past 10 months. While he wakes up early to catch the bus to get downtown, I am sleeping. While he's at work dealing with people, I'm at home laughing and playing and enjoying my daughter. Well, at least most of the time. Sometimes she can be a real pain! But such is motherhood. There are times I wish my husband and I could switch places! Just for a bit of a breather!

So my sister is coming into town on Saturday. I'm so excited because I haven't seen her for almost 3 years! She joined the Air Force and got stationed in North Carolina. She hates it, of course. I hated the Navy, but it taught me something. In retrospect, I'm glad I joined. It taught me how to grow up. I really hope it teaches my sister to grow up and become independent. But as I said, she's coming in on Saturday. First she flew all the way to Hawaii to visit Dad and my sister there. THAT was a long, long flight! Even if there was a stop. No thank you. Next she comes here for a week. This will be her first time seeing her niece.

My youngest sister was here for a few months. She came within days of her husband leaving for Iraq. He's a Marine. They talk almost every day, which is great. Anyway. She is pregnant and wanted to be near my mom, who lives about 50 miles away from me. She stayed with me, though. Interesting and amusing to see my youngest sister go through pregnancy. She is experiencing all the things she made fun of me about. I love it! Her husband is supposed to be coming back from Iraq a couple of days prior to her due date. He is cutting it close, but I told her that she probably wouldn't deliver until after her due date. She plans on flying here mid-November with hubby and baby to visit before they leave for North Carolina, where he is being stationed. I thing she's crazy to get on a plane with a newborn, but whatever. She'll have to make sure he's at least 2 weeks old, though.

My dad is so happy that someone is finally having a boy. My dad was never able to beget a son. All daughters! Then I had a daughter (I wanted a girl first). He was so sure that my sister would have a girl. I wish I could have seen the expression on his face when he found out she was having a boy. She is naming his middle name after my dad's middle name. When I have a son, his middle name will be my dad's first name.

Speaking of names, this is really interesting. My husband's mom's first name is Louise and my mom's middle name is Louise. My husband's dad's middle name is Anthony and my dad's first name is Anthony. Pretty odd, huh?

So that is a little bit more about me and what's going on in my life. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: