Monday, September 3, 2007

Blog Prompt: Fashion Woes. What, in your opinion, is your most embarassing fashion moment?

Hmmm. I don't think I have one PARTICULAR instance. I think the 80's would have to suffice as my most embarrassing fashion moment. I don't remember it much, but I do see pictures and I can't believe what I wore then. Yes, I'm only 24, but oh my goodness!

There was, however, one particular picture that I am embarrassed about. On my 10th birthday I picked out my outfit. I wore white cowboy boots and a purple dress (not frilly, just plain). I can't believe I wore that! Oh my goodness!

Most recently, the most embarassing moments were when I was breastfeeding in the beginning and I used to leak through my shirts. How nice to look down and see a nice round wet spot! I hated wearing the nursing pads because they were visible through the shirts.

I don't think I've ever been REALLY embarrassed by something I wore. I don't feel that way usually because I really don't let it bother me. Especially now that I'm a mother of a baby. Once she started eating solids I gave up on being embarrassed by the food that ended up on my shirt that I hadn't noticed for most of the day, or any other time I have a fashion mishap. I blame it on parenthood!

4 comments:

Glynis said...

Yep, parenthood can be embarrassing...and I love your DET submission.

Unknown said...

LOL. Children are good for something aren't they? Unfortunately (or fortunately) I could not use that excuse for mine. :)

loonyhiker said...

I'm always asking my hubby if I look alright and he always tells me to quit worrying because I already have a man! LOL I think you should find a pix of the cowboy boots and purple dress so you can scrap it for all of us to see!

Stephani said...

Well I can honestly say that I also owned some white boots so I feel your pain! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!