Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Blog Prompt: Fashionably Correct.

Fashionably Correct. In years past one would not be seen without a hat to complete your ensemble. Not so much these days. When and where do you think it is fashionably correct to wear a hat?

Hmmm. Nowadays, not many places. It really depends on the hat. Baseball Caps are hats and are appropriate in many places at almost any time. Cowboy hats can be worn just about any time, also. If we're talking about big ladies hats with flowers and what not on them, the most appropriate and common place to wear them are during church services (for baptists and other non-catholics- don't think I've ever seen a catholic adorne a hat in church). I could be wrong but that's the only place I would think it would fashionably correct. Also there's the beach. Hats are great to keep the sun off our faces! And they look good, too!

I don't wear hats. After being in the Navy for 4 1/2 years having to wear a baseball cap or other hat every time I went outside in uniform, I hate wearing them. They give me hat-hair! No thanks!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You are quick. 4 1/2 years in the Navy, huh? My oldest got out about 9 months ago after 8+ years. So I can truly understand not wanting to wear hats, LOL.

loonyhiker said...

I hate hat hair but now that my hair is long and in a pony tail, I don't seem to have hat hair and I like to wear a ball cap now! I can't imagine being in the navy but I'm thankful for all the people are there for me! Thank you for doing all that you did!

Tammy said...

Hey, I'm a Navy baby from way back and I know what you mean about the hats. My dad would make us wear hats like his Navy hats. Sure does mess up a girls hair do.

Unknown said...

I can totally understand why you wouldn't want to wear a hat.

heather said...

Oh yes, hat hair is not good!