Thursday, September 20, 2007

Too Many Digital Memories?

I've posted this blog in response to an article posted by MSNBC entitled, "Can You Make Too Many Digital Memories?" http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20763864/ I'll post the original article next.

I have almost 2000 pictures of my 11 month old daughter. I'm sure she won't care about half of them, but I scrap the ones I want to make sure she sees. I don't take nearly as many as I did when she was really little. (mostly because she broke the digital camera I absolutely loved and now I have to use my much larger, much more bulky digital camera) Still, my mom took hundreds of pictures and when I was growing up and scrapped a lot of them. I have 8 books of me. She did this for my other two sisters, as well. She gave us our books when we turned 18 and we were then told that we could get rid of anything we didn't want to keep. I tossed so many pictures I had drawn and other papers, but not the photos. Well, maybe a few from the awkward tween years. But I don't want ANYONE remembering those times!

The article says that we CD's may become old news and unable to be viewed due to software changes. I say to that, well, at least I scrapped the good stuff! Also, I plan on keeping something that will view these things or transferring all that info to the new viewing devices...or even, heaven help me, printing all the photos I don't scrap. *gasp* I should start now, huh? At least they're only a few cents at walmart or kinkos!

No comments: